We are proud to be considered one of the forerunners of prenatal acupuncture in the Park Slope community. Our goal is to assist and support women on their journey to birth. We enjoy working with doctors, midwives and doulas in their effort to give women the birth of their choosing. It is our utmost concern that our services meet our clients expectations. In addition to our regular office hours we also offer home visits when needed.
Prenatal Acupuncture Method is a treatment system that we've developed over the last 15 years at Brooklyn Acupuncture, specifically designed for pregnancy. Through specialized combinations of acupuncture and acupressure points, we safely and effectively navigate the various stages of pregnancy promote the natural functions of the body.
The intention for women who receive acupuncture is to:
• Deliver close to their due date
• Promote the release of oxytocin- responsible for uterine contractions (stage dependent) and letdown reflex
• Provide a deep sense of relaxation
• Boost the Immune system
• Improve sleep
• Treat back, neck pain, hip and sacrum pain
• Reduce swelling in legs, feet and hands
Prenatal Acupuncture Method is also utilized to:
• Correct malposition of baby
• Alleviate nausea
• Relieve stress and anxiety
• Increase lactation