"Whatever you did, did the trick. She was born at 5:15pm!"--SBK.
"We can’t thank you enough for all your help and support for my perfect acu-baby!"--JG.
We're proud to be considered one of the forerunners of prenatal acupuncture in the Park Slope community. We enjoy working with doctors, midwives, doulas and fertility specialists in supporting women on the journey from conception through birth. In addition to our regular office hours we offer home visits when needed.
Prenatal Acupuncture Method is a treatment system we've developed over the last 18 years at Brooklyn Acupuncture, specifically designed for pregnancy. Through specialized combinations of acupuncture and acupressure points we safely and effectively encourage energetic balance throughout the various stages of pregnancy.
The intention for women who receive acupuncture is to:
• Deliver close to their due date
• Provide a deep sense of relaxation
• Boost the Immune system
• Improve sleep
• Treat back, neck pain, hip and sacrum pain
• Reduce swelling in legs, feet and hands
• Relieve stress and anxiety
• Promote the release of oxytocin- responsible for uterine contractions (stage dependent) and letdown reflex
Additionally, acupuncture can help:
• Alleviate nausea
• Correct malposition of baby
• Increase lactation
• Support mothers experiencing post-partum depression